Date: 7/8/18 12:16 am
From: Melody <outdoor1...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] SEAZ: California Gulch. 07/07/2018

Another amazing evening with the birds in the gulch. We did get some rain,
but it did not affect the birding. Surprisingly, Five-striped sparrows
stayed high on the hill for us this evening. Good audio, but only a couple
people caught a glimpse of the bird.

The nightjar put on an amazing show. We saw the male and the female. . .
pictures were obtained. No audio this evening. We also managed good looks
at the Common Poorwill.

Another bird of interest was a Thick-billed Kingbird shrieking through the
area at the confluence.

A privilege to share with this group. Good birds and good people. . . a
winning combination. Thank you!!. Melody

P.S. Again a caution driving this road. . . you really should have high
clearance. . . all-wheel drive at a minimum. . With the rains starting, the
area could get pretty interesting in the next little bit.