Date: 7/7/18 8:06 pm
From: Stefan Schlick <greenfant...>
Subject: [obol] Coast Range Audubon Birding Day (Washington Co)
9 folks joined me on a Portland Audubon Birding Day to the Washington County Coast Range today. It was cool and cloudy at first, so there was an amazing amount of birdsong. Amazing for July 7 anyway.

Along Cochrane Rd near Timber we found an immature Townsend's Solitaire and large family of both Western Bluebirds and Gray Jays in a clearcut, a Chipping Sparrow at Reeher's Camp and pretty much the complete set of regular summer breeders. After lunch we headed up South Saddle Mountain for an encore, only to find a party of 10 ORV vehicles barbecuing at the saddle near the top. Only minimally discouraged we walked up to the top and found our targets Hammond's Flycatcher and Hermit Warbler and a Sooty Grouse was still hooting at 3pm. Wow!

Cheers,

Stefan Schlick
Hillsboro, OR

Join us on Facebook!