Date: 7/7/18 7:38 pm
From: Glenn d'Entremont <gdentremont1...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Re: eBird Report - Quabbin Reservoir--Gate 10, Jul 7, 2018
What a wonderful day for birding. The temp started at 50 degrees a5 7:00 and the lack of humidity wsa refreshing. The old roads have not been used recently and are now grass covered and the ticks were out in force. I must have pulled off my pants over 50 between the walk and back at the car with another 10 or so afterwards.

Lots of birds and song today. My highest count of Red-eyed Vireo on this walk w/94. Note the actual count of Chestnut-sided, Black-throated Green & Blue each at 22. First time in awhile I could not scare up a Barred Owl. Ruffed Grouse put in an appearance. Is it possible there is an uptick on grouse this year? 10 warblers and 3 vireos. 3 thrushes. A prolong look at a Black-billed Cuckoo.

Non-birds: 2 Porcupine, one weasel, Spicebush Swallowtail, ? Tiger Swallowtail (are thise July Tigers Eastern?), Great Spangled frittalary, White Admiral/Red-spotted Purple, ? Eyed Brown

Glenn d'Entremont: <gdentremont1...> Stoughton, MA