Date: 7/7/18 6:48 pm
From: David Antieau <dkantieau...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Beaubien Woods, Bartel Grasslands
Dear birders,
Fran Morel and I went to two places this morning with specific targets.
At Beaubien Woods, these 2 turkeys failed to find the female Wild Turkey that's been seen occasionally. The guy who suctions out the port-a-potty has seen it a couple of times recently, but not us.
Our highlights, there, were Prothonotary Warbler, singing breeding plumage & first summer male Orchard Orioles, Great Egret and Willow Flycatcher.
At Bartel Grasslands, we heard the Northern Bobwhite, which called almost continuously; saw 2 Red-headed Woodpeckers, a Henslow's Sparrow, and good numbers of Bobolinks, Dickcissels, and Eastern Meadowlarks.
We saw no raptors at either location and none on our drive. Odd!
For the birds!
Dave <Antieaudkantieau...>, Cook County

Join us on Facebook!