Date: 7/7/18 3:02 pm
From: Steve Sanford <bwredbird...>
Subject: Shenango Lake Propagation Ponds -- Mercer Co
I checked the Propagation Ponds at Shenango Lake for the first time in a
long time. I did not see anything exciting but for those wondering about
the status:
There are some flats present, mainly on the north side, despite the
general high water level. The only shorebird I saw today was a Killdeer.
The tall grass by the parking area and the gate has been mowed recently
so it is easier to avoid ticks and pitfalls on your way to the roadbed.
They seem to mow that every 4 weeks or so.
Steve Sanford
Mercer Co