Date: 7/7/18 3:01 pm
From: John Oshlick via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Bird Recordings
I have had good luck using the following method to obtain recordings of
birds.

I downloaded the free app "Smart Recorder" on my Android type phone.

Once I make a recording I can send it to my email where I then download it
as a .wav file that can simply be cut and pasted into an E-bird checklist.
Once it is in the checklist E-bird creates a sonogram of the recording.

I feel that there is great value in obtaining recordings as I feel that
there is much to learn about how songs vary between individuals and between
populations. There are plenty of birders taking photos of birds but we can
use more people obtaining recordings of birds, and Ebird (and the website
Xeno-Canto) are great resources for downloading and listening to
recordings.

- John Oshlick