Date: 7/7/18 2:03 pm
From: Mardi Dickinson via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: Re: [CT Birds] Recording audio for Ebird

I use a recorder for bird songs as well as my show on location and do my edit in software program but not audacity as for me the quality is poor.

Cheers,
Mardi Dickinson
www.kymrygroup.com
www.birdcallsradio.com/

On Jul 7, 2018, at 12:39 PM, Hugh Whelan via CTBirds <ctbirds...> wrote:

I use an app called RecForge (free) on my phone. I usually share the
recording from the app to my main computer. On my computer I use the free
program called Audacity to amplify the sound.

There is also a free program from Cornell called Raven Light that will show
you what the sonogram from your recording looks like. That is helpful to
compare to other sonograms for the same species on eBird

Best,
Hugh Whelan

On Sat, Jul 7, 2018, 12:20 Monica Nichols via CTBirds <
<ctbirds...> wrote:

> Just wondering how everyone records the songs of birds so that they can be
> posted to a checklist on Ebird.
> Thanks
>
> Monica Nichols
>
> Sent from my iPhone