Date: 7/7/18 11:56 am
From: Marc Ribaudo via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] Richardsville SE Atlas blockbusting

Phil Silas and I birded in Richardsville SE Atlas block this morning, in Culpepper Co. This block is quite isolated and surrounded by the Rappahannock and Rapidan rivers. Mostly wooded with some cut-over pine plantations(?). We tallied 44 species and confirmed breeding for 11. Highlights were a yellow-billed cuckoo sitting on a nest, a male northern parula feeding a fledgling, a family of orchard orioles, a fledgling scarlet tanager with a few downy feathers still present, and a female black-and-white warbler.

Marc Ribaudo
<moribaudo...>