Date: 7/7/18 9:05 am
From: Jeff Kozma <jcr_5105...>
Subject: Re: [Tweeters] [Fwd: Banded Harlequin]
Yup, males go where the female goes! This works that way for most
waterfowl, as females are philopatric and return to the place they were
hatched or the place they previously nested (as you mentioned). Thus a
male, once paired with a female, will follow her to where she will breed.
This is why most waterfowl pair during the winter, so males can follow the
females as they return to their natal area during spring migration.

Jeff Kozma

Yakima