Date: 7/7/18 2:24 am
From: David Nicosia <daven102468...>
Subject: [cayugabirds-l] First southbound migrants Broome Co.
Had my first "fall" LESSER YELLOWLEGS at Upper Lisle County Park last
evening Broome Co. The bird was an adult in what appeared to me as worn
breeding plumage. I also had a small group of RING-BILLED GULLS (13)
loafing at Dorchester Park. This is the first group of these birds I have
seen since Spring migration. To my knowledge these birds don't breed in
Broome Co. Most of these birds were still in breeding plumage with a couple
2nd cycle birds. Nothing unusual, but interesting how quickly birds turn to
fall migration. Yesterday there was a strong cold front and northwest winds
that likely kicked this off. I also have seen reports from Montezuma that
there is a trickle of LESSER YELLOWLEGS and a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER.

Dave Nicosia

ARCHIVES:

http://ebird.org/content/ebird/