Date: 7/6/18 7:38 pm
From: Jacque Brown <bluebird2...>
Subject: White-winged Doves- Centerton
I looked out the back door on July 2 nd when I got home from work and saw both WW Doves on my feeder. It was the first time had seen more than one in a few weeks. I take this as good news and hope when I get back home there will be young coming to my feeder as well.

The next day I left for Houston, Texas. The Doves I am hearing most are White-winged Doves. I’ve seen and heard Mourning Doves but not that many.

During the 25 years I lived in the Houston area I only saw Mourning Doves and an occasional Inca dove. No White Wings.

It’s not all fireworks, friends, and family, I did go birding Thursday to Brazos Bend State Park. I saw most of my favorites, Purple Gallinules with little black chicks, a Tri-colored Heron, Anhingas, a Roseate Spoonbill flyover, lots of Black-bellied Whistling Ducks, White Ibis, Great Egrets, Snowy Egrets, Little Blue Herons, Yellow-crowned Night Herons, Cattle Egrets are not my favs but they’re here, too. But it’s too early for Wood Storks.

Jacque Brown, Centerton, but temporarily in Katy Texas.

Join us on Facebook!