Date: 7/6/18 5:32 pm
From: Charles Gates <cgates326...>
Subject: [COBOL] Crook American? Golden Plover
Today, I got two reports of a golden plover at the Crooked River
Wetlands <https://www.cityofprineville.com/wetlands> in Prineville
(Crook County).  Ron Halvorson and Cash Lowe independently came across
this bird while walking the wetlands this morning.  I'm not sure who got
there first and they will probably be happy to share the honors.  I
arrived close to noon and took some photos.  I also spent some time
looking at this bird through my scope.  The primaries seem to extend
well past the tail and show extensively past the secondaries.  There is
some golden flecking but not as much as I think would be present in
Pacific GP, especially in the head.  American is expected more often
inland.  For these reasons, I think this bird is an American
Golden-plover.  You can see my photos at https://flic.kr/s/aHskE5ZQjq
and let me know if I'm wrong.  I've seen very few golden plovers in my
day so I'm ready to be corrected.  A couple of heavy weight Oregon
birders have agreed that this is American but the ID is not easy.

Here's a teaser photo

asdfasd

Mark Twain

Chuck Gates
Prineville Bird Club
541-280-4957
Powell Butte,
Central Oregon Oregon Birding Site Guide
http://www.ecaudubon.org/birding-locations
Oregon County Checklists
http://www.ecaudubon.org/county-checklists

https://www.avg.com