Date: 7/6/18 4:48 pm
From: Jonathan Rotondo-McCord <jrmtomburg...>
Subject: [LABIRD-L] Feather identification?
So I'm pretty sure this feather is from a red-shouldered hawk, but I'd
appreciate someone more expert confirming it:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/RAzEzF6HUbH43syA9

I found it on a bike ride this morning around my neighborhood (just west
of Mandeville). Just a few minutes before, in another part of the
neighborhood, I heard a red-shouldered hawk calling, and looked up to
see it being harassed by a mockingbird. I wonder if the feather is from
the same bird?

--
Jonathan Rotondo-McCord
<jrmtomburg...>

"Esto fidelis, et noli iudicare."

"This above all: to thine own self be true,
And it must follow, as the night the day,
Thou canst not then be false to any man."

Join us on Facebook!