Date: 7/6/18 10:01 am
From: Bill Thurman <bill.masterofmusic...>
Subject: Re: Australian raptors start fires to flush out prey
Hi Karen

Thanks for sharing this fabulous article. Number one, Australian
aboriginal people should be taken seriously about their observations and
legends. They have have witnessed more in Australia than anyone else will
ever see. As a lot of people can tell, birds are highly intelligent,
generally speaking. A type of black kite, from what I've read, are also
found in India and Pakistan where they are often scavengers. They can see
and understand behaviors and results. That's right, just like some humans.
:)
I love this kind of article or scientific report. Please keep sending
them! Thanks, Karen.

Bill Thurman

On Fri, Jul 6, 2018, 11:18 Karen Konarski-Hart <karen...>
wrote:

> Interesting you should be listening to The Firebird, Bill since yesterday
> the news told of an electrocuted bird on fire falling from a power line &
> starting a wildfire. Then there is this article (see below) that talks
> about Australian raptors carrying burning twigs to spread fires so they can
> nab the small fleeing rodents & lizards
> Karen Hart
>
> Worth reading:
> https://cosmosmagazine.com/biology/australian-raptors-start-fires-to-flush-out-prey