Date: 7/6/18 10:03 am
From: Eric Hough <thebirdwhisperer22...>
Subject: [AZNMbirds] CAZ: Hassayampa R. Preserve: Black Vultures
July 6, 2018
During my bird walk at Hassayampa River Preserve near Wickenburg (Maricopa Co.) this morning we saw two flyover BLACK VULTURES while we were on Lion’s Trail. Last week we had two adult BROAD-BILLED HUMMINGBIRDS visiting the feeders at the visitor center, which are probably still around. The two nesting pairs of TROPICAL KINGBIRDS are still present, but it has been several weeks since the last report of the Thick-billed Kingbird. Last week there were also sightings of a flyover GOLDEN EAGLE and the continuing resident GRAY, RED-SHOULDERED, and ZONE-TAILED HAWKS. Occasionally YELLOW-BILLED CUCKOOS have been detected.

Lots of dragonflies and damselflies have seemed to emerge recently, and last week one of the desert tortoises was seen. Hopefully more critters will be active once the monsoons reach us.

Good birding,

Eric Hough
Wickenburg, AZ

Sent from my iPhone