Date: 7/6/18 6:01 am
From: Andrew Baksh <birdingdude...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Breezy Point - Sooty Shearwater 7-5
A single Sooty Shearwater and 1 2CY Lesser Black-backed Gull (LBBG) were the highlights from a few hours at Breezy Point. Based on field notes and photos, the LBBG, appears to be a different bird than the 2CY one I had on the 24th of June.

9 Piping Plovers, including a few immature birds, indicating some successful nesting.

Some Tern activity way offshore but I could not pull out anything notable from the mess.

A phonescoped image of the LBBG can be seen here.

https://twitter.com/birdingdude/status/1015092148952330240?s=21
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain