Date: 7/6/18 4:44 am
From: Deborah Grove <dsg4...>
Subject: More on the upcoming issue of Pennsylvania Birds
Just to add to Frank's email, this is one of the largest issues ever with a spectacular article by Gene Wilhelm on the The Greater Sandhill Crane in Pennsylvania. This article describes all aspects of this magnificent bird including the history in PA, its increasing breeding status in PA, biology and some great photos from PA photographers.

The complete list of accepted Pennsylvania Birds is another important article in this issue by Holly Merker, Billy Weber, and Devich Farbotnik of the Pennsylvania Ornithological Records Committee (PORC).

And the seasonal Christmas Bird Count summary by Nick Bolgiano and the Winter Raptor Survey results of 2018 are also included in this issue.

So don't put off joining PSO or your membership renewal

Deb Grove

You can join at www.pabirds.org

Note: Although we prefer that you renew or join online, you don’t have to
pay online. You can choose the “Offline Payment” option and send us a
check. But by filling out the name, address, etc. online, it insures your
membership data is correct (no typos from me).

Note 2: If you renew now, your membership expiration date will be one year
from your previous expiration date. If you renew after this issue is
mailed, your membership will start with the date you renewed and end one
year from that date. We no longer send back issues to late renewals.

Frank Haas
Treasurer

--
Pennsylvania Society for Ornithology