Date: 7/5/18 4:40 pm
From: Northernrail via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] Old Saybrook Tricolored
We just a had Tricolored Heron at the north end of the Plum Bank Marsh in with 4 adult Little Blue Heron. We were in a boat but may be able to be seen from the Old Saybrook Land Trust property at the end of Edmund Street, and walk through the phrags. May also be seen at the end of South View if it moves around. Also had a pair of Salt Marsh Sparrows, (at this point 10 years ago we would have had up to 20 pairs), 1 Seaside Sparrow, BC Night Heron, Green Heron, and a total of 10 adult Little Blue Heron . All active Osprey nests (5 that I am steward or watching) have at least 2 nestlings. John Ogren