Date: 7/5/18 12:46 pm
From: Tom Lawler <tjlawler...>
Subject: Re: [COBOL] wood duck in toilet
Regarding capping toilets. If folks have been keeping up with various ECAS projects, capping toilets is one of them. We do use the Teton Raptor Center caps. We (me and a few other people) have capped about 80 toilets in the Central Oregon region in the past few years. I am about to order another 25 caps. We work with Deschutes National Forest to get their toilets capped and also other local entities. I am attempting to get Oregon State Parks and Oregon Dept of Transportation in on this too.

So, if you want to help, donate to ECAS. We do the hard work. Not as hard as getting a bird out of a pit toilet but we still got to put our noses up to those vent pipes.

And lastly just to mention birds. This is a good project to help keep birds and other wildlife safe. I know owls go down these pipes but this is the first I have heard of a Wood Duck.

Tom

Birds are indicators of the environment. If they are in trouble, we know we'll soon be in trouble - Roger Tory Peterson