Date: 7/5/18 11:23 am
From: Larry Spivak via Groups.Io <larry8141=<yahoo.com...>
Subject: [southbaybirds] Water District Ponds
Hi All
Just got back from the ponds off Almaden Expressway where I saw some cute stuff and some cool birds. The cute stuff was a PIED BILLED GREBE with a begging youngun out on the pond and two KILLDEER adults on the levee by the NE corner of the pond with what I assume were two young that hadn't developed the full two bands on the breast. Six BUSHTITS were a treat but the one I loved was a BAND TAILED PIGEON on a tree over the top of the building. The mottling on the nape, the white stripe, yellow feet and yellow bill all were there. Then, in a tree near the NE corner of the pond I saw 12 non-descript large doves with yellow feet and yellow bills with a black tip. Young ? Females ?  Where is my Sibley ?
Have funLarry Spivak