Date: 7/5/18 9:00 am
From: Steve Mesick <stvmesick...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...>
Subject: Re: [HMBirds] Cerulean Warbler?
Hey Rob, we have Black-throated Blues that sing a song very close to the Cerulean near our place in the White Mountains of NH. In fact it appears to be a local dialect, as I would say probably half the BTBW’s have a classic Cerulean song. When I was earlier in my birding days I recorded numerous sightings of Cerulean in NH and it wasn’t until I tried to put my older sightings into EBird that I suddenly realized that they are not central NH breeders! I would try to get a good look next time you hear him because I am wondering if you could have the same situation that we do.

Steve Mesick East Greenbush

Sent from my iPad

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 10:31 AM, rob snell <snell.rob...> [hmbirds] <hmbirds-noreply...> wrote:
>
> I believe I heard a Cerulean Warbler on my morning walk up the mountain behind my house. I did not have my binoculars for a visual confirmation, but it came in to look at me when I played it’s song. It was about half way up Waite Mountain at the north end of Sacandaga. There are BTGs there also for comparison. Has anyone else seen them in the ADKs?
>
> Thanks, Rob Snell
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Join us on Facebook!