Date: 7/5/18 5:14 am
From: Jon Woolf <jsw...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Unusual loon in Rye Harbor
Last night I went on the Granite State Whale Watch "Isles and
Fireworks" trip. While dockside in Rye Harbor waiting to depart, I
noticed an unusual loon swimming in the harbor. Well, actually it
was a Common Loon; what was unusual was its plumage. I've seen
Common Loons on the ocean in summertime before, but all of them have
been immatures wearing some form of immature plumage. I don't recall
ever seeing one in breeding plumage.

-- Jon Woolf
Manchester, NH