Date: 7/5/18 3:08 am
From: Erik Nielsen <erikbogh...>
Subject: Re: [MASSBIRD] Incredible pelagic eBird report
It sure is an amazing report. Let’s hope the camera has a GPS embedded and that it was enabled. It would be nice to be able to confirm that all the Tropicbirds truly were in MA waters.

To me the Black-capped Petrel looks like a Great Shearwater. I also don’t see why the Barolo pictured isn’t an Audubon’s and the Band-rumped not a Wilson’s.

Erik Nielsen
Westwood, MA

http://flickr.com/photos/erikbogh/

> On Jul 5, 2018, at 00:51, Josh <opihi...> wrote:
>
> Hi MassBirders,
>
> Skimmed the state’s daily summary of rare bird reports from eBird just now, and there’s a report from offshore that is just mind-boggling. The species list is hard to believe, except maybe from one of the BBC overnight trips, and numbers of at least one species even more so, except that he’s got really amazing photos! For his location he says “Bermuda to Portland transit;” he estimates 180 miles for eBird, and it’s a wee bit longer than that from Bermuda to Portland, so I guess this was just the part of the trip that was in MA state waters. Not sure which boat he was on, but I want a ticket... Check this out:
>
> https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46988064
>
> Good birding,
>
> Josh
>

> Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.