Date: 7/4/18 9:57 pm
From: Josh <opihi...>
Subject: [MASSBIRD] Incredible pelagic eBird report
Hi MassBirders,

Skimmed the state’s daily summary of rare bird reports from eBird just now, and there’s a report from offshore that is just mind-boggling. The species list is hard to believe, except maybe from one of the BBC overnight trips, and numbers of at least one species even more so, except that he’s got really amazing photos! For his location he says “Bermuda to Portland transit;” he estimates 180 miles for eBird, and it’s a wee bit longer than that from Bermuda to Portland, so I guess this was just the part of the trip that was in MA state waters. Not sure which boat he was on, but I want a ticket... Check this out:

https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46988064 <https://ebird.org/view/checklist/S46988064>

Good birding,

Josh

Joshua S. Rose, Ph.D.