Date: 7/4/18 1:55 pm
From: Al Stokie <alstokie99...> [ILbirds] <ILbirds-noreply...>
Subject: IBET Palos-Swallow Cliff, Ford Road & McClaughry Springs Wed 7-4-18
Hello Bird People,

Decided to look for Summer Tanager so I tried Swallow Cliff for 2
hours & off Ford Road for 1 hour, but found no Summer Tanagers today.
Did find 2 Scarlet Tanagers, one Yellow Throated Vireo, one Great
Crested Flycatcher & 2 young Eastern Bluebirds among other birds at
Swallow Cliff &
off Ford Road I found a singing male Rose Breasted Grosbeak & a pair
of Orchard Orioles where the female Oriole was bringing in the food
while the male was just singing. Good work if you can get it!
I should also mention that Amanda T had an Acadian Flycatcher at
Swallow Cliff which I missed.

On the Osprey watch the Saganashkee Slough nest has 1-AD & 1 young &
the Bergman Slough nest has 1-AD & 2 young.

While at Saganashkee Slough Doug S told me of a Broad Winged Hawk in a
tree west of the western most parking lot but I could not relocate it.
Also checked the lot at McClaughry for possible soaring Broad Winged
Hawks but no dice there either. Gave up when it started to rain.

Bird-Of-The-Day to the 2 Osprey families who have to deal with the
heat & sunlight in their high rise homes with no protection &
Runners-Up to the Yellow Throated Vireo & the Orchard Orioles.

Al Stokie
Again in Cook County

Posted by: Al Stokie <alstokie99...>

<*> Your email settings: