Date: 7/4/18 8:21 am
From: John Shenot <johnshenot...>
Subject: Re: [cobirds] Common Gallinule at Running Deer Natural Area
The gallinule reappeared later this morning as well, but that's not why I'm
writing. Here are some tips for chasers:
1) Bring sunscreen and a hat, and consider bug spray. There is no shade
whatsoever. There are mosquitoes and biting flies but they aren't bad at
all.
2) A step stool or short ladder will help if you really want to photograph
this bird. A couple of feet of elevation is the difference between
obstructed and unobstructed views. You'll have to carry it a few hundred
yards from the parking lot.
3) Be patient and have fun chatting with other birders!

I hope Robert Beauchamp or someone with a camera (i.e., not me) will be
submitting documentation to the Colorado Bird Records Committee.

Good luck,
John Shenot