Date: 7/4/18 2:05 am
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Redmond pond birds
Only birded the main pond. Nicest birds were a few WHITE-THROATED SWIFTS
back and forth over the pond the whole 45 minutes that I was there.
Also, an adult male Northern Harrier came out of the junipers from the
south and flew over the pond. I don't recall seeing a Harrier there too
often. Also, single Buffleheads, females, flew out from the junipers to
the south and landed at the edge of the pond. I wonder if there are
still broods to come from some cavities in that area?

I did not see the Redhead tonight but most of the ducks had their heads
tucked.

Peeps, 6 Leasts, 9 Westerns and a lot of Killdeer and a few Spotties
were around the edges. No other notable birds. Judy,
<jmeredit...>