Date: 7/3/18 10:35 pm
From: Marv Breece <marvbreece...>
Subject: [Tweeters] Kittitas County birding
This evening, after birding Reecer Canyon (north of Ellensburg) I stopped at a small pond on Reecer Creek Road. To my surprise there was a SPOTTED SANDPIPER, 2 LEAST SANDPIPERS & a SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER.

In Reecer Canyon there was a RED-EYED VIREO near the bottom of the canyon in the riparian area and a BLACK-BACKED WOODPECKER at the intersection of 3500 & Table Mountain Road. Also many other birds.

To reach the pond, travel north on Reecer Creek Rd as though you were heading into the canyon. Travel 1/2 mile north of the point where the complex of high-towered power lines crosses the road. The pond is on the east side. A scope is essential.

--
Marv Breece
Tukwila, WA

Concepts shape our world.