Date: 7/3/18 4:02 pm
From: David Suddjian <dsuddjian...>
Subject: [cobirds] Mt Evans 7-2
For those who may be heading up high to Mt Evans, here are a few highlights
from a drive I made up there yesterday for the Mt Evans BBS route. Pretty
dry up there, too!* Gray Jays* were within 0.75 mile either side of
Milepost 14 along Hwy 103. I'd start at Juniper Pass Picnic Area and go
down the road toward Echo Lake stopping where convenient to listen for
them. *Am. Three Toed-Woodpecker* was drumming nicely at two places in the
forest along Mt Evans Road along the long switchbacks through the forest
above the entrance station and Echo Lake. *Brown-capped Rosy-Finches* were
between Summit Lake the siwtch backs up to the summit, and lower down at
about 11,700 where the road is above the Mt. Goliath Natural Area. *Red
Crossbills *were noted over Cloudland Picnic Area (Type 5) and down in
lodgepole pine forest (Type 2) along Squaw Pass Road 2.5 to 6.5 miles above
the Jefferson County Line.

David Suddjian
Ken Caryl Valley
Littleton, CO