Date: 7/3/18 3:55 pm
From: Anthony Hewetson <fattonybirds...>
Subject: [texbirds] Highlights from BBS north of Plains (Yoakum and Cochran Counties)
Greetings All:

Though I have lost the BBS route east of Plains to a combination of
encroaching dunes, over-aggressive and armed landowners, and lack of
maintenance to some county roads I still have the route (just barely - see
below) to the north.

On Saturday, 30 June 2018, I ran the route, experiencing some difficulty
with the latter half due to encroaching dunes from the west, with very
little in the way of highlights, due to omnipresent and severe drought.

The sole highlight from the Yoakum County portion of the route (stops 1-9)
was 1 Scaled Quail north of Plains.

The highlights from the Cochran County portion of the route (stops 10-50)
were 2 Scaled Quails south-southwest of Lehman, 2 Scaled Quails southwest
of Lehman, 1 Scaled Quail west of Lehman, and 1 male Bronzed Cowbird
southwest of Lehman.

The sole highlight on the way home: 2 Cave Swallows just west of Levelland
(Hockley County).

It was a rough day:)

Anthony Hewetson; Lubbock

Join us on Facebook!