Date: 7/3/18 3:08 pm
From: Yong Kong <yklitespeed...>
Subject: [JERSEYBI] Yong Comment - [JERSEYBI] Being a "Pal"
Marc is the most giving birder I know. I am on the opposite end.
I saw him in action once at Cape May Hawk Watch a few years ago. He was so
patient to a beginner birder giving tips on the raptor ID and willing to
share his optics.

On other note, my homewoods barred owl(s) isbe showing his/her/their
presence once again like a clock work during the month of July. I usually
hear them during the early in the breeding season at some distance. Then
come late March or April he/she/they go silent.

Then came July, they visit my back yard woods and the homewoods beyond. My
bet is they may be attracted to a small pond in the back yard-woods, where
multiple owls go nuts and calling. I am assuming parents and the newly
fledged chicks.

Sad part is I have not seen one perched in the back yard/lawn or perched on
an oak/poplar branch that hangs over my street in several years now.

Yong Kong
Camden County