Date: 7/3/18 2:19 pm
From: Deborah Allen <dallenyc...>
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Doodletown - Tues. July 3, 2018 - 3 Species of Wood Warblers, 3 Species of Vireos
Doodletown, Rockland Co., NY
Tuesday July 3, 2018
OBS: Robert DeCandido, PhD, Deborah Allen, VJ Prao visting from D.C.

Highlights: We got an early start this morning arriving at Doodletown at little before 6:30am. We found seven species of Wood Warblers and three species of Vireos. Many of the warblers, vireos and other birds were singing their way through the dog days of summer, especially Hooded Warblers, American Redstarts, and Yellow-throated Vireos.

Yellow-billed Cuckoo
Ruby-throated Hummingbird
Downy Woodpecker
Eastern Wood-Pewee
Warbling Vireo
Yellow-throated Vireo (one of them collecting spiderwebs)
Red-eyed Vireo
Tufted Titmouse
White-breasted Nuthatch
Blue-gray Gnatcatcher
Carolina Wren
Cedar Waxwing
American Goldfinch
Chipping Sparrow
Baltimore Oriole
Brown-headed Cowbird
Worm-eating Warbler
Louisiana Waterthrush - in the middle of the main path up the hill
Blue-winged Warbler
Black-and-white Warbler
Hooded Warbler
American Redstart