Date: 7/3/18 11:03 am
From: Dom <dom...>
Subject: Re: [JERSEYBI] Being a "Pal"
I would second Mark's recommendation.
I have been a member of many years - both guiding, and being guided, in
several countries.
Their website is little outdated and I heard they're struggling - partly
following some (fairly understable to be honest) bad press about the
dangers for female birders of meeting up with strangers on the Internet.
Despite my gender, I can empathise with this.
However I have received and given many lifers over the years too; in fact I
have never been on an organised birdtour as a participant, due to ventures
like this and the kindness of strangers (plus i kinda like birding alone ;)
So I hope more people will consider using it.
Cheers from sunny England - where we are in the midst of unprecedented heat
and drought, and even our birds are seeking water in unusual places!
Dom
*Dominic Garcia-Hall*

*www.antbirds.com <http://www.antbirds.com/>*

*NY +1 917 740 1945*