Date: 7/2/18 5:01 pm
From: Tom Crabtree <tc...>
Subject: [COBOL] Whiskey Springs addendum
I forgot to mention that towards the end of my stay yesterday at Whiskey
Springs, a bunch of butterflies started showing up. First a few, then
hundreds. Jim Anderson identified them as California Tortoiseshells (if it
doesn't have feathers, I don't have a clue what it is). On my way down the
hill the numbers kept increasing. By the time I reached the paved road they
were so thick I had to slow to 25 miles an hour to avoid a butterfly
massacre. There were tens of thousands of them over the next couple of
miles. I have never seen a butterfly migration like this before. It was
quite impressive!

Tom Crabtree, Bend