Date: 7/2/18 1:19 pm
From: David Sarkozi <david...>
Subject: [texbirds] Liberty County today
I added 6 species to my Liberty County total today to reach 104 species.
Than brings me to 44 counties at 100 or more. The six I added were
Scissor-tailed Flycatcher, Dickcissel, Great Crested Flycatcher,
Yellow-billed Cuckoo, Great-tailed Grackle, and Laughing Gull. I also had a
calling Acadian Flycatcher and a Prothonotary Warbler in Liberty Municipal
Park

Of interest is CR486 that runs north from Mont Belvieu parallel and east of
TX146, Great-tailed Grackle and Dickcissel where common here. It runs
thought fallow and active rice fields and maybe some turf/hay farms and
should be worth checking in migration for shore birds.

For what it's worth the Champion Lake Tract of Trinity River NWR is closed
at this time due to a culvert at the entrance that was damaged in Harvey
and has further collapsed. The refuge is waiting on the engineering of the
replacement that is taking an extended time.

--
David Sarkozi
Houston, TX

Join us on Facebook!