Date: 7/2/18 12:51 pm
From: Christopher Loscalzo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] COA Workshop in July
COA will be teaming up with the CT Botanical Society again this year to run
a combined bird and plant workshop. This year, we’ll be walking the trails
at the wild and beautiful McLean Game Refuge in Granby. The full
announcement for the event is below:

Combined COA/CT Botanical Society Bird/Plant Workshop

Saturday, July 21st, 2018 at 8:00 am

McLean Game Refuge, Granby

Spend a morning with plant enthusiasts and learn about the plants upon which
birds depend while we birders educate them about the birds that visit the
plants that they know and love. On this joint event of the CT Botanical
Society and the Connecticut Ornithological Association we’ll visit a
wonderful wildlife refuge with varied habitat. There are meadows, deciduous
and mixed forests, and riparian habitats. Meet at the parking lot on
Barndoor Hills Road in Granby. The entrance is ˝ mile south of Route 20.
The workshop is free and open to COA members and non-members alike. Leaders:
John Anderson, CBS, C: 860-248-1053; Chris Loscalzo at:
<closcalz...> and 203 389-6508.

Stay tuned for upcoming announcements for workshops for the rest of the
year. There will be at least one workshop offered every month!

Chris Loscalzo,

COA Workshop co-coordinator and vice president

Woodbridge