Date: 7/2/18 11:49 am
From: Nick Bonomo via CTBirds <ctbirds...>
Subject: [CT Birds] 7/1 LIS birds
Hi all, boating westward along the CT coast yesterday was quiet bird-wise,
but Allison Black and I had an immature GREAT CORMORANT on rocks off
Sachem's Head in Guilford and a ROSEATE TERN with 15 Common Terns on the
large breakwater at the mouth of the Housatonic River.

ROSEATE TERNS were evident at Falkner Island, especially at the north end.

Interestingly, there were 3-4 GRAY SEALS hanging around Goose Rocks just
west of Falkner. I don't recall seeing them last summer while looking for
the Bridled Tern. Perhaps we can expect more summer Gray Seals in the sound
as their numbers increase to our east.

Nick Bonomo
Wallingford, CT