Date: 7/2/18 11:05 am
From: Bruni Haydl <bruni...>
Subject: Hot water
It is not surprising in this heat that the water in the birdbaths is
uncomfortably warm.  Having cool water drip into the pedestal birdbath
at a fast pace is not making a difference.  Neither does having a ground
bath in the shade.  Both yesterday and today I've gone out every three
hours or so and changed the water.

My buddy, the male Pileated, showed up a little after 6:00 AM for his
suet breakfast on the tray.  After a couple of hours I bring the suet in
and put it back out after the sun goes down.  We also shifted our dog
walk to that early hour.  Any later and it gets difficult to breathe.  I
get a kick out of seeing the pair of Brown Thrashers that have a nest in
the subdivision.  They remind me of shorebirds with their stop and go
running.

Just watched a pair of Cardinals and an Indigo Bunting enjoy the water.
I feel lucky to be able to offer them that pleasure.

Bruni Haydl

Charles Town, WV

Join us on Facebook!