Date: 7/2/18 10:30 am
From: Wayne Hoffman <whoffman...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Eugene CATBIRD?
Hi, Alan-

One more to add to the list for BOGR updates?

We are cautiously optimistic that we will be able to document a second Lincoln County (and Western Oregon) breeding at Beaver Creek this summer.

Without doing the research, I am getting the sense from OBOL,and particularly from the Oregon 2020 blitz posts that Catbirds are more widespread on the east side than recognized in the Breeding Bird Atlas.

Also I seem to be hearing more about breeding on the east slope of the Cascades (e.g., Camp Sherman and the Northern Waterthrush sites).

Wayne
On 7/2/2018 9:57:43 AM, Alan Contreras <acontrer56...> wrote:
There is a mimid burbling away in the dense brush of my back yard in sw Eugene this morning. Pretty sure it’s a CATBIRD. Neighbor’s saw breaks into the song and it is staying in dense brush.

Owing to a minor medical issue I can’t pursue it or have in-house guests right now, but it might be heard or seen from outside my back fence. Two seats available on the deck.

Alan Contreras
Eugene, Oregon

<acontrer56...>

www.alanlcontreras.com