Date: 7/2/18 9:05 am
From: Janet Paisley via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: Re: [VA-bird] about disappearance of Tree Swallows in my area
My Bluebird trail on Garth Road in Albemarle County, has fledged 2 boxes of TRSW, with 5 fledglings each, so far this year, out of 14 boxes.

So far 38 Bluebirds have fledged, and the birds are on their second nests. I, too, am having less trouble with paper wasps this year, a constant problem for 10 years on the trail on this farm. I’ve tried everything.

I used to have 22 boxes, but 6 have been crushed by bears in the last couple of years on this trail! Bears have been the most efficient way to deal with the wasps that I’ve found, until the weather of this Spring!

Janet Paisley
Charlottesville, VA