Date: 7/2/18 7:01 am
From: <market...>
Subject: Re: NEOTROPIC CORMORANT AT BEAVER LAKE NURSERY POND
I was at the nursery earlier that morning and confirmed 8 green herons on
the north side hunting in the shallows as well as a cattle egret perched on
a post watching all. FYI - I first spotted the neotropic here last
Tuesday, June 26. I had no idea it was a neotropic though.

Here are a couples shot that I got of it Sunday morning -
https://photos.smugmug.com/Todays-photos/i-xXKGfgf/0/0bcf6343/X3/IMG_0295-X3
.jpg and

https://photos.smugmug.com/Todays-photos/i-LNH2Qtm/0/315a6a0a/X3/IMG_0287-X3
.jpg

No shorebird that I could see but the American and Fish Crows were taking
advantage of the low water line and fishing successfully.

I talked with Hatchery personnel about 3 weeks ago who said that the red
eared sunfish in the pond should be ready to be released about mid-July. I
imagine this is why they have let the water get this low. I visit a
couple times a week and will report when I see the release. I imagine that
will bring the some shorebirds in.

I visited last Friday and someone had a fireworks party on the dike and left
all of their trash. I took a couple Wal-Mart bags with me Sunday morning to
clean it up but someone had beat me to it. This place is one of the
cleanest always.

Lastly, the State people came through about a week ago and mowed the dike
and road sides. Now is a great time to come out and enjoy without too many
weeds to wade.

Ron Bird