Date: 7/2/18 3:06 am
From: James V Remsen <najames...>
Subject: Re: [LABIRD-L] one more time for the Masked Duck
LABIRD: for those of you going on these trips, please combine and share eBird lists as much as possible. One group, one location, roughly same time = 1 eBird list. Otherwise, Caddo data for these dates is severely skewed towards one location with multiple essentially duplicate surveys that inflate the frequency of occurrence of things like RuddyDuck, much less Masked Duck. I will likely all but one list from next survey.

===================

Dr. J. V. Remsen
Prof. of Natural Science and Curator of Birds
Museum of Natural Science/Dept. Biological Sciences
LSU, Baton Rouge, LA 70803
najames<at>LSU.edu

> On Jul 1, 2018, at 8:46 PM, Paul Dickson <Paul...> wrote:
>
> Birders far and wide and close by,
> By popular demand there will be another tour to the Masked Duck. I will be out but Jacob Kraemer will take a group to view the Masked Duck on Tuesday morning at 7:30am. Across the road from 1454 Leonard Road, Shreveport La. Take an asphalt drive on the south side of Leonard Road near a mailbox with the 1454 on it. There is a gate 100 yards in with "Tar Slough" and a duck on it, just past there is a barn where the group will meet.
> Paul Dickson

Join us on Facebook!