Date: 7/1/18 6:28 pm
From: <jmeredit...>
Subject: [COBOL] Plan for birding ECAS Wednesday, on July 4
We will bird the morning only. I suspect the group will be small since
it is a holiday and likely a family day for many. We will do some
walking, not sure how many birds will be about, but walk maybe 3 miles.

Riley Ranch Nature Reserve on NW end of Bend has been open now for less
than a year. There are trails and viewpoints along the Deschutes river
and rimrock above the river.
https://www.bendparksandrec.org/park/riley-ranch-nature-reserve/

When we gather on Wednesday, we can decide if we also want to bird
another location as we will have some time after the trails. A Black
Phoebe was reported weeks ago upstream from Riley Ranch. I am not sure
if anyone followed up to see whether it lingered. We could look for it
or go to Sawyer or Tumalo State Park or Tumalo Reservoir. We are
birding only a half day though.

Carpooling
Bend, 7 a.m. Nancy P's Bakery and go to trailhead for Riley Ranch
Redmond, 6:45 at Starbucks Nolan Center and go to trailhead for Riley
Ranch
Sisters, 6:30 at Village Greens and go to trailhead for Riley Ranch
anyone else, meet at trailhead/parking lot at about 7:20 a.m.

Good birding, Judy Meredith, <jmeredit...>