Date: 7/1/18 4:03 pm
From: Joel Geier <joel.geier...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Ochoco Mtns: Buffleheads at historic nesting site (Crook) etc.
Alan & All,

As I recall, your observation of a summering pair near Juntura was the
second-best evidence for Bufflehead nesting in Oregon outside of the
Cascades, at the time that Rachel White Scheuering was writing the
species account for "Birds of Oregon: A General Reference."

Nancy Stotz' observation of two females with broods on Delintment Lake
this year is another full notch above our observations, on the "breeding
confirmation" scale.

Which goes to show, we're due for an update of the Oregon Breeding Bird
Atlas!

Happy birding,
Joel

--