Date: 7/1/18 3:23 pm
From: Ted Floyd <tedfloyd57...>
Subject: [cobirds] Call for Papers, Western Field Ornithologists conference
Hello, Everybody.

Here is the Call for Papers for the 2018 Western Field Ornithologists
conference in Ventura, California:

https://www.westernfieldornithologists.org/docs/2018/CallForPapers_WFO2018.pdf

Deadline for submission of an abstract is July 15.

In my opinion, THE highlight of a WFO conference is the two-day science
session. Yes, I like field trips with albatrosses, blue whales, and Island
Scrub-Jays (the idea is to see all three on the same trip), but, honestly,
the science session is the biggest draw for me.

As we in Colorado know, our field ornithological tradition is strong
indeed; our museums, universities, agencies, NGOs, and independent scholars
are doing fabulous work on so many aspects of Colorado field ornithology.
So I hope some of you will consider contributing to the 2018 science
session.

See you in Ventura!

Ted Floyd
Lafayette, Boulder County