Date: 6/30/18 1:13 pm
From: Vjera Thompson <nemesisquail...>
Subject: [obol] Visible Virginia Rails at Meadowlark Prairie
Obolers,

Most weekends I ride my bike through Meadowlark Prairie in west Eugene. I usually stop at the viewpoint at the corner of Royal and Greenhill. The last several weeks I’ve enjoyed watching a family of Pied-billed Grebes. There were still two teen grebes today, but no sign of the parent.

Since last week, the water level has dropped enough that there is exposed mud now. There were several Killdeers and three groups of VIRGINIA RAILs on the mud this morning. There was one solo adult, one adult with one fuzzy black chick, and one adult with three fuzzy black chicks, for a total of seven rails in view!

Vjera Thompson
Eugene, OR
<vireogirl...>
or <nemesisquail...>: Send your post to <obol...>
Contact moderator: <obol-moderators...>

Join us on Facebook!