Date: 6/30/18 12:36 pm
From: Steve Johnson via VA-bird <va-bird...>
Subject: [VA-bird] relative distribution of several common species in Virginia

Hello birders,

This could be confusing to some, at least it was to me. I was interested in discussing the relative distribution, not disappearance, of several different species around the state. The subject line got changed to "disappearance of Tree Swallows".

This is an important topic also, because I have also gotten the impression of fewer Tree Swallows in Fairfax County, particularly a high incidence of nest box mortality at bluebird trails here.

At the same time, I wanted to reassert the intent of the original thread. I'm still interested in any thoughts from anyone about the relative distributions around the state, of Warbling Vireos, Tree Swallows, Chickadees, and Song Sparrows, only because they seemed rather "missing" from the areas we recently surveyed.

Steve Johnson
<stevejohnson2...>