Date: 6/30/18 9:27 am
From: <adamus7...>
Subject: [obol] Re: Birding Buddies
Tom and Jack,

I just signed up (the Slack site for Oregon birders). Looks useful, but I agree that depends on getting more of us Oregon birders and birder wanna-be’s to sign up. I like that it’s smooth to use and ad-free. I just posted the following, which I’ll post to OBOL too:

I welcome anyone to join me this Monday and Tuesday (6/30-31) as I bird south from Estacada to Breitenbush, following Clackamas Highway and Route 46 (Skyline Drive) through the Cascade foothills. I will mainly be stopping to do 5-minute auditory point counts, so if you'd like to learn or practice birdsong recognition, this is a good opportunity, but if you want to photograph or watch birds at leisure, probably not. I'm doing this as a volunteer for the Oregon 2020 Project. From where I live in Corvallis, I will drive to Estacada tomorrow (Sunday afternoon) and stay in a motel there so I can awake at 4 a.m. and start birding a few miles from there. Monday night I will camp somewhere closer to Breitenbush and awake 4 a.m. Tuesday to continue counting birds at stops along the way south. Tuesday afternoon I'll return to Corvallis. If you live in Corvallis or Salem, you may ride with me. If closer to Portland, we can meet up in Estacada and you'll follow in your own vehicle, which gives you the option of just doing this for one day if you want. In either case, you're responsible for getting your own motel room (if staying in Estacada Sunday night) and bringing your own camping gear for Tuesday night, as well as meals and something to do in the afternoons when we’ll take a break from the birding. If interested please email me (and/or send a message via Slack) today.

Paul Adamus

<adamus7...>