Date: 6/30/18 6:58 am
From: Tom Wnuk <twnuk...>
Subject: [obol] Birding Buddies
Paul Adamus, Peter Barnes, Katie McInnis, and OBOL community,

In response to how can we better organize as a community and from a purely collaborative and social perspective, I believe I have a solution for us. As previously mentioned here, and using a relatively new collaboration tool called Slack, I created a workspace for Oregon Birders.

The web address is: https://oregonbirding.slack.com/

You can use this link to signup:
https://join.slack.com/t/oregonbirding/shared_invite/enQtMzkwMzUwNDEwOTEzLWUwYTFkOTc4MDMzNDM1NjQ0ODYyZTVlZTRiMjk5ODlhOWNhODUwZTViZTIwNDg1N2U0NDBlZWVkMWIwMGIzMGU

Getting started video here:
https://youtu.be/9RJZMSsH7-g

Not only do they have a website but they also have apps for all devices including desktop apps for Mac’s & PC’s as well as mobile apps for iphones, ipads, and android devices.

I’ve setup some default Channels such as #birdingbuddy where you can communicate with anyone or you can always send direct messages to individuals, your call.

I can go on about features and endless ideas on how we could use this as a community but would encourage you to give it a try. It is free.

thanks
-tom

Join us on Facebook!