Date: 6/29/18 3:36 pm
From: Suzanne Smith <zanne719...>
Subject: [NHBirds] Begging barred owls
An hour ago, I began hearing a very odd call. It was coming from 2 or 3
different directions but all in the woods behind my house. I couldn't even
imagine it was a bird, but was clueless. I walked into the yard where I
could look more closely and watched a barred owl on the ground, eating. It
didn't notice me as I stood very still, but I kept hearing the calls.
Eventually she noticed me and flew, but not very far. The call I heard was
youngsters begging. (I confirmed the sound).
A neighbor had told me that she saw 4 barred owls a few days ago. I can
only assume these were those.

what a treat.
suzanne smith
Hebron